The rose is the world's favorite flower: its beauty and scent make it the acknowledged queen of the garden. Roses have been used for thousands of years as perfume, as decoration, and even in the cuisine of many countries. The power and appeal of the rose can be seen in art, history, and in horticulture.
The Little Book of Roses opens the door to the magical world of the rose from the flower's symbolic roles in legend to the secrets of today's top rose breeders (an industry itself worth millions of dollars).
Besides fascinating rose facts, this Little Book is also sprinkled throughout with interesting rose trivia. For example, one fluid ounce of the world's most expensive perfume requires as many as 28 dozen roses! The Little Book of Roses offers a pleasing bouquet of rich illustrations, useful information, and interesting details affectionately dedicated to this voluptuous blossom.
Flammarion presents its series of informative, richly illustrated guides, covering lifestyle and cultural topics. Find out everything you want to know about your favorite subject in one handy volume.
- Unique thematic treatment with extensive use of key words and cross-referencing
- Over 70 alphabetically organized bite-sized entries in every title
- Attractive slimline format
- 100 color illustrations
- Summaries of key facts and dates in easy-reference tables
- Exclusive buyer's guide or list of useful addresses to find out more