About the Book
The book ECEM (English for Civil Engineering Mastery) is an integrated skills-based ESP course and practice book in academic English for Civil Engineering students.
• The course book includes eighteen units based on at least five sub topics from general to specific and simple to complex.
• Each unit has a primary warm-up part along with various reading and vocabulary activities.
• Reading activities are designed to help students study the comprehension of the passages and vocabulary.
• A comprehension practice follows each passage and demands a comprehensive study of the text.
• Vocabulary practice along with exercises and some other language activities are given for the purpose of students to study technical vocabulary within the texts.
• In some units cloze tests are given relating to the same topic in the unit to check students’ vocabulary comprehension.
• Each unit has also translation and writing parts: in the translation part, students are required to translate the given passage into their native language as an assignment;
• In writing part, various writing topics, closely related to the reading passages, are assigned to students as in-class activities or as homework.
• The most common 300 field-oriented vocabulary.
• All in all, the book covers almost 500 comprehension and vocabulary exercises.